I kind of alluded to this in my New Year’s post, but my official “word” for 2013 is: adventure. It’s the first thing that popped into my head when I thought about what kind of year I’d like to have. It’s what my soul is craving; it’s what I need. I really do think that this year will provide a lot of opportunities for adventuring.
This is not to say that I have to actually go on some grand, epic adventure. I just want to weave an adventurous spirit into all that I do, and to actively seek out ways to find mini-adventures all around me.
Because it’s the beginning of March and today was a blazing 85 degrees, I have summer on the brain. In this spirit, I’ve put together a summer bucket list. Last year, there were all these fun, summery things that I talked about doing but never did end up getting around to. This year, they’re going on a list with the hope that being able to cross things off (the nerd in me) will be even more motivation to get out there and do.
My 2013 Summer Bucket List:
- Go to a baseball game
- Go camping at least once (Anza Borrego, Idyllwild, Big Sur, any of these will do!)
- Go to the drive-in movies as often as possible (is there anything more nostalgic or romantic than this? Plus at $7 per person for two movies & you can bring your own snacks and *ahem* drinks, how can you say no?)
- Speaking of movies, try to see all of this year’s good ones on the big screen!
- See a Shakespeare play at the Old Globe Theater in Balboa Park. Drink some wine, eat some food, maybe even go with friends?
- Hike whenever possible
- Go to graduate school residency in Palm Desert (this one is mandatory, but I have a feeling it will be a grand adventure of it’s own!)
- Be a beach bunny (I say this every year so we’ll see…)
- Speaking of beaches, have at least one beach bonfire. A good one at that.
That’s what I’ve got for now, I may add to the list as I think of more. Let me know if you want in on some of these mini-adventures with me. We’ll make it a summer to remember!